shadylady-shadylady

A shady spot on the web for me to ponder whatever I wish to ponder...

Sunday, September 17, 2006

shadylady

Some may wonder from where the moniker "shadylady" derives. A long time ago and in another life I was a leader at a Girl Scout day camp. Each leader and child chose a camp name for the week. Mine was shadylady, chosen due to the fact that I tend to avoid long-term sun exposure (unless I'm going to have extreme fun such as on a motorcycle or golf course).

Recently I took my shadylady moniker to new heights. I have started to develop a persona for Show competition at Chili Cookoffs. Yesterday I took 2nd place in one such competition. This was my second try. There were only 4 contestants. I do feel I have acheived a bit of validation for my act though. What is it that I do as shadylady? I'm still in the persona developmental stages. Yesterday I merely pranced around with a rather large umbrella wearing a pair of shades of course while I sang a silly song with altered words. I have two versions for the song, the second written after the contest but ready for next. One version I sing (badly) about wanting Mister Sun to hide so I won't be blue. The other version is for an older audience and has to do with enticing Mister Fun to join me for a brew. Business cards are to be my next endeavor and then costuming. And all for what? A bit of fun and silliness....oh and perhaps a shirt at Terlinqua next year if I get enough points!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home