shadylady-shadylady

A shady spot on the web for me to ponder whatever I wish to ponder...

Monday, December 11, 2006

Withdrawals...

Withdrawal....not fun. For more than five weeks I took hydrocodone for pain from my broken wrist. The dose was tapered off during the last couple off weeks. I had always heard that hydrocodone (Vicadin) is addictive....now I have experienced part of that. While I had no problem actually quitting it, I definitely experienced withdrawal symptoms. At first I just thought I was having a bad cold with muscle aches, fever, runny nose, and chills while getting use to no happy pill. After a couple of days I decided to check out the withdrawal symptoms online. I had no cold apparently but was going through withdrawal in all its undignified glory. I think the worse is over now....as long as I can handle the pain of physical therapy....

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You where definatly detoxing - you poor thing, at least the people that I cared for had drugs to counter act the with drawl symptoms. By your symptoms listed you had it really bad, and would of qualified for inpatient detox. I am proud of you, for sticking it through, the drug is so addicting and so many people just can't let go of the med - no fault of their own, the pill is just stronger then them.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger shadylady said…

    Thank you for you words of encouragement. I had forgotten that I had an expert in the family I could have called! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home