shadylady-shadylady

A shady spot on the web for me to ponder whatever I wish to ponder...

Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas lights...

Christmas lights! Saturday night we took my parents to see Christmas lights. We started the evening at Cici's Pizza which is my mothers favorite place to eat. Then we drove out to McKinney. Just west of Hwy 75 and north off Eldorado is a well lit neighborhood surrounding a county club. Many of the streets have themes to link the decorations from house to house. We then proceeded west on Eldorado to Frisco. This boom town has a fairly new and large town square which has been lit with millions of lights, or so it seems. The lights are rigged to "dance" to Christmas music which can be heard on a specific radio station as you drive around. The music can also be heard while strolling the sidewalks. We stopped and strolled awhile. It was a great evening!

I have loved Christmas lights forever. I fondly remember from childhood the annual decorating of the tree in the middle of our cul-de-sac followed by a party with the neighbors. Nearby another longer cul-de-sac was renamed Candy Cane Lane each December with decoations to match.

Someday, my own home will be decorated for others to enjoy....

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Allie said…

    I love driving around looking at Christmas lights!!! It's one of my favorites about the holiday I'd say. It makes me sad though because nobody up here really decorates their yard/ house for christmas. it makes me sad boo!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger shadylady said…

    Allie...when you are flying soon be sure to look out to see lights from the plane. I saw the Plaza in Kansas City all lit up one year...hey...you did too....but you were only 1 1/2 then!

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Christmas lights dancing to music sounds so fun! I love Chirstmas lights!

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Golda said…

    There really weren't any really good lights here in Knoxville, none that we saw at least when we tried to look at lights the other night. And I'm going to get to see the Plaza in KC this year! Yay!

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    We'll drive around and see the lights here on Christmas weekend. Too bad you won't be here to enjoy them with us. Oh, that's right-to everyone else- Mom and Granny can't up now. No Santa gifts and stockings for them here...

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger ggranny36 said…

    Hi

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger ggranny36 said…

    Checking the testtest.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger ggranny36 said…

    My blog is working again.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger ggranny36 said…

    Yes the lights were beautiful. I did like my dinner at CiCi's. Lester drove us all those places. We went to all different places than last year. We saw a lot of lights. I was really disapointed about now getting to go to Melissa's after Christmas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home