shadylady-shadylady

A shady spot on the web for me to ponder whatever I wish to ponder...

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Grazing wild peppers!

Having never seen wild peppers grazing in the grass, I could not resist taking a picture. Lucky for me, I had my handy camera phone in my pocket. Wild peppers are very rare. Unfortunately, they are prone to attack by larger animals. Dogs are a natural enemy and have been known to snatch them as they feed on the delicate grasslands of north Texas.

The wild peppers pictured were part of a wonderful "show" during a chili cook-off this weekend. Longjohn Chili is an imaginative new chili team. Their show includes: a display in the grass of animals made from long green peppers, carrots, mushrooms, and other assorted vegetables; jars of "moonshine" with various vegetables colorfully being "pickled" in the juice, also scattered in the grass; various odds and ends on tables that I didn't get a close look at due to the wild peppers nearby; and creative costuming that includes, of course, red longjohns. I'd wish them luck in the show competitions but 1) they won't need luck and 2) I'm competing against them and know I will always be in their shadow when they are near, not a bad place for a shadylady though....

5 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    lol, that's cute!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Allie said…

    It's to cold to have peppers like that grow randomly, let alone this time of the year! OH! but we are having a heat wave! it was in the 40's today! can you say warm!!!!! :)

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger shadylady said…

    These peppers aren't growing . . . they are grazing. They are wild animals . . . supposedly.

    Enoy your heatwave. We've got one too. Was about 75 today. Took the motorcycle out after work!

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Golda said…

    hahaha, allie!

    I like the peppers, they made me laugh a lot.

    It's in the 60's here and everyone ELSE is out on their motorcycle except for jeremy since his needs new tires. Boo.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger shadylady said…

    There was actually a whole herd there...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home