shadylady-shadylady

A shady spot on the web for me to ponder whatever I wish to ponder...

Monday, February 05, 2007

Once upon a time...

I have been deliberating of late as to exactly what direction I want to go with my "show" for chili cook 0ffs. I had basically decided that I would do storytelling with a chili theme, but soon realized this would not work in all venues. The noise level during indoor cook offs make it near impossible to accomplish storytelling. Cook-offs held during the cold of winter would deter an audience from staying still long enough to hear a story. I came up with a compromise this weekend. I have a "library raid" outfit. It looks similar to the t-shirts, windbreakers and hats worn by various law enforcement agencies. The lettering simply says LIBRARY. I purchased a set of brown vintage-look cases this weekend during a silent auction. These will be my traveling cases and will hold the outfit, a few old books, and many copies of a special tiny book for give-aways. I'm writing a special story for this purpose. I'll share the story once I have finished the editing process....

3 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Yay! Glad to hear that you won the silent auction. Did you win both of the ones you told me about?

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger shadylady said…

    Sadly,I didn't get the other items I wanted. Someone got in there a just before bidding ended and placed last minute bids.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger ggranny36 said…

    You will have to tell me more when you come over. But it sounds fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home