shadylady-shadylady

A shady spot on the web for me to ponder whatever I wish to ponder...

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I'm allergic to housework...really!

The results are finalized. After undergoing allergy tests on Monday, I can now say that I am officially allergic to housework. This was the first time that I had allergy testing. I had no idea that some factors would be so high. I've had problems with my ears lately, therefore the testing was necessary. Here's the breakdown with four being highly allergic and one being moderately allergic, or at least that's how I understand it:

  • Dust mites 4
  • Ragweed 4
  • Mountain Cedar 4
  • Shellfish 3 (No lose, I've never eaten shellfish!)
  • Various grasses and trees 1 - 3
  • Cockroaches 1
  • Various molds - 0
  • And the saddest -- chocolate 2

I'm very depressed regarding the chocolate. Very. I start shots this afternoon though. Can't wait to test their effectiveness......on chocolate of course!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Ick! I hope my allergies aren't that bad. I thought about being tested last summer when I'd had horrible allergies for a couple months, but didn't follow through with it. The closest place for that is Topeka. Certain foods have also been giving me mouth sores (nuts and chocolate!) for the past year or so. Blood tests for those didn't show anything.

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger shadylady said…

    Turns out they just released some new tests for 20 more common area allergies. I get tested for those on Monday. Might as well get done now that I'm just starting the serum shots and they can easily add what I need. My objective is to lesson my ear problems. Months with fluid in the ears will motivate a person!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Golda said…

    allergic to chocolate?!?!?! That's horrible! I hope it's not genetic...

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish I was allergic to doing housework then I'd have a real reason not to do it. That would also be so horrible to be allergic to chocolate, I think I'd die!!!!

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger ggranny36 said…

    Allergic or not you still have to housework. Getting rid of the dust might help. Anyway you will have less to do very soon, then you can help me. HaHa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home