shadylady-shadylady

A shady spot on the web for me to ponder whatever I wish to ponder...

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Life without a connection...

It has been frustrating the last few weeks. It became apparent quite quickly how much I relied on the internet after our home connection was disconnected and the school year ended with it ending my daily work internet connection. Suddenly I was without directions to new places (online maps) and without the venue to find immediate answers to my questions, such as what major event was going to take place across the street at Southfork. Now though (fingers crossed) I am back among the connected. Yeah!!!! We purchased a laptop and aquired a wireless broadband connection through the "New AT&T". Yesterday was our first reconnected day...and it was not looking good. We lost our connection a few times and had to reboot each time. Not good. Today though, we have had a solid connection for a few hours....yeah!!!! Now I can work from home, write from home, find directions from home, and get answers to my questions. Life is good. Oh....and we can do all those things anywhere in the AT&T network! HHmm......carpal tunnel could be in the wings....



In other news

....the rain keeps coming....I think we are on day 20....lost count....

....I'm spending the summer with hubby....he has back surgery scheduled in a few weeks....

....AND...we finally finished moving and said goodbye to the old house!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Awww! I'll miss that house. I kinda liked the layout. Hopefully who ever gets it next will fix up all pretty. I really liked the outside too.

    Glad to see ya back online! Oh- and I'm back in cubscouting again- as a weblos leader, just in time to help Shane finish his requirements before his 11th b-day and move into "real boy scouts."

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger shadylady said…

    I bought the house because I liked it the moment I stepped inside. But oddly enough, I do not miss it at all. I'm happy in trailerville....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home