shadylady-shadylady

A shady spot on the web for me to ponder whatever I wish to ponder...

Friday, August 31, 2007

Shady X Four


I've been meaning to write on this topic for some time now, about how proud I am of my beautiful four daughters. They are each beautiful both inside and out. I'm not exaggerating, no motherly bias here...nope...not one bit....the facts are just the facts.

Daughter number one, Melissa, has taken the world by storm. To her credit are the wise choices she has made along the way to that big three-oh birthday she celebrated this summer. Melissa is a modern day multi-tasking woman as she mothers, works, and is involved in community and church.

Daughter number two, Betsy, has been a storm of her own since the days of childhood. Named in part for a hurricane I experienced as a child, Betsy brings a special joy and energy to everything she encounters. Betsy's nurturing nature has been felt by all who know her.

Daughter number three, Golda, will change the world. Golda has an innate ability to see and tackle problems that many are afraid to admit exist. She is a champion and a believer in dreams.

Daughter number four, Allie, also known as Alex, once played the role of Fairy Godmother in Cinderella. I believe she would bestow goodness upon us all if it were within her power. Her smile alone is enough to light the world.

But what makes me the most proud is the sisterly love they have for each other. They give each other support, guidance, and comfort. They celebrate each others accomplishments. They are the quintessential example of what sisterhood and family should be. They are the joys and pride of my life.

Okay....perhaps a bit of motherly bias....!
(Note: picture is a few years old...Melissa, Allie, Betsy, Golda)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Awwww, I got all choked up and teary-eyed, for a moment. You know, we couldn't be who we are without you. Love ya!

    Somehow I didn't mind that you mentioned my age- mostly because that leads people to believe that you are older than you are (hehe). I'll send you an updated picture sometime. I'm sure you've got one, but this one did show Betsy and Golda's personalities well.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger ggranny36 said…

    I loved all this. And all of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home